aptitude install proftpd
useradd animal123
passwd *****
/etc/init.d/proftpd restart

Then I did this:
useradd dirtypenguin
passwd dirtypenguin *****
/etc/init.d/proftpd restart

Why is it that animal123 can access via regular ftp through FileZilla and dirtypenguin can not get access through FileZilla unless I select sftp on port 21 through the FileZilla. I want dirtypenguin to be able to use FileZilla for regular ftp access on port 21. Not sftp access on port 21. I dont know why the first user I set up works perfectly while dirtypenguin seems to have gotten hosed. If I can solve this problem I will have solved a long lingering issue with the use of ftp for WordPress.

Thank you!