Re: Re: howto boot from the second disk in raid 1

Thanks for all,

I did correctly grub-install /dev/sda  and grub-install /dev/sdb ,   no error reported.
Some friend said , there is a bug in   grub2 of debian6 ?? may be,
 I checked grub from  ubuntu, I got a problem too.

there is something strange;  may be it helps,
 when I ran   sfdisk -l,     the second disk /dev/sdb
had no identifier number (juste 0x00000) while /dev/sda had one.

may be something bad was done by mdadm ?

thanks a lot
regards
bela