Re: Cron script output redirection not working

 > This is something that used to work for me in older Debian releases
 > (Etch and Lenny I think), but it's no longer working for me in
 > Squeeze.

 > Basically, I have a cron stub under /etc/cron.d, with a line like
 > this:

 > *  * * * * root            cd /tmp/ && ./test.sh &> ./test.log

[…]

 > However, the log file /tmp/test.log is never created.

 > Is it no longer possible to do output redirection to log files from
 > within crontab scripts? Or am I meant to use a different syntax these
 > days?

	I guess that it may be related to the recent switch from Bash to
	Dash as /bin/sh, which doesn't seem to support &>.

	If that's true, then changing it to, e. g., > ./test.log 2>&1
	will probably solve the problem.

--
FSF associate member #7257	Coming soon: Software Freedom Day