Re: How do I partition a 250 gb drive for a dual boot setup?

On Sat, 2011-08-20 at 01:54 -1200, sdc wrote:
> Unfortunately I have to use Windows 7 as well so I need to setup a
> dual boot.

Alternativelly to dual-boot you might want to consider running windows
as a virtual machine, using, for example, VirtualBox (there are others).

It will work just fine. After some time you end up forgetting that the
windows computer is actually a virtual machine... because is as real as
any other computer.

The process would be very simple:

1) Install Debian (use automatic partitioning and take the "everything
in same partition option")
2) Install Virtual box
3) install windows as a VM under virtual box.

I've been using this setup for about 5 years (3 years with VMware and 2
years with VirtualBox).

cheers
Joao