Re: Transplanting old System to New Drive

On Thursday 18 August 2011 03:55:30 Scott Ferguson wrote:
> As Martin isn't going to
> use a Live CD approach - it's a moot point. (though Knoppix Adriane will
> probably do the job, and includes parted)

I understood (possibly erroneously) that Martin's problem wasn't that he
doesn't know about about Live CDs intended for those of us with less than
perfect vision, but that he can't, without the help of a sighted person, use
any of the tools available on the BIOS of the machine he is using to
set "boot from optical drive" because only visual information is available
prior to booting.

Lisi