Re: BASH completing directories like files

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 09:01:15PM -0400, Kete wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm not sure what I did, but BASH is completing directories with a space
> instead of a slash on the end; and that's slowing me down because I have
> to backspace and type a slash. I recently added an alias to my bashrc,
<snip>

I'm not going to pretend I know what changed in your system but I've
got the slash on the end because I put:

# append / to dir names completed on the command line
set mark-directories On

in my ~/.inputrc, perhaps yours or your /etc/inputrc changed?

HTH,
Mike
--
Satisfied user of Linux since 1997.