Re: Leafnode is refusing remote connections

Hi, Camaleón!

On Sunday, 14 August 2011 11:26:54 +0000,
Camaleón wrote:

> > I recently migrated my Leafnode server to a OpenVZ virtual machine.
>                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> (...)
>
> VM usually provide different kind of networking options (NATed,
> bridged, host-only...) that may restrict the scope of the guest
> machine to the rest of the network hosts/devices.
>
> (...)
>
> > Which may be why Leafnode believes that IP is outside the local network?
>
> The VM network setup. I would start from that.

Yes, It was the only thing that I didn't test so far. With this VM I was
using 'venet', the default network device for a container [1]. After
several tests, I ended up setting the VM with a veth interface [2],
bridged to eth0 interface on the VMHost.

Several days ago I come racking my brain, looking for the solution of
the problem. The good thing is the knowledge gained when it comes to the
solution :-)

Here [3] a link with the differences between both types of interfaces.

> Greetings,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] http://wiki.openvz.org/Venet
[2] http://wiki.openvz.org/Veth
[3] http://wiki.openvz.org/Differences_between_venet_and_veth
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37