Re: Installing firmware not available in the kernel

The card seems detected so why not installing the suggested firmware
(review the mentioned doc for instructions on how to do this) and check
if that works? :-?

Greetings,
--
Camaleón

I am not sure how to do this. should I just copy dvb-usb-af9015.fw to /lib/firmware
Or should I install kernel 2.6.34?
To install Kernel 2.6.34 or higher, I believe I need to enable backports.

I plan to install nvidia's driver and I had a problem before where every time after a kernel update (this was under Ubuntu), nvidia driver would break. I don't want to be in the same situation again.

Once I setup the system I don't want to spend too much time fixing it. Whats the best option under this situation?

--
Kind regards,
Yudi