How to install non-free firmware after installing Debian

I installed Debian on a laptop and did not install the non-free firmware while installing Debian as I did not have the firmware files. During initial install, the installer detected the wireless card and prompted me to make the firmware available.

I need to install Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection driver for Linux

I downloaded the non-free firmware files and was looking for good documentation on how to install non-free firmware. So far  I did not come across one on Debian site.

I set up Debian with LVM on top of LUKS.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

--
Kind regards,
Yudi