Re: Boost sound volume?

On 08/09/2011 09:43 AM, Robert Blair Mason Jr. wrote:
Hi list,

Is there a way to boost the system sound volume?  Playing DVDs in VLC
with the alsa, pulseaudio, and vlc volumes all maxed out is still about
30-40% of max volume in 'doze.  I don't like pulseaudio, but for some
reason skype doesn't work without it, and my family won't allow me to
not have working skype, so for now I'm stuck with it...

Thanks!

--
rbmj

Sounds like one of the mixer lines isn't turned all the way up. Run alsamixer from a terminal, and make sure all the controls are turned up to the max.