Re: Problem with USB storage device - video glasses

 >>> sdb: unknown partition table

 >> What's the result of the following command?

 >> $ file -s /dev/sdb

 > "
 > file -s /dev/sdb
 > /dev/sdb: data
 > "

	That's strange, given the working mount(8) invocation below.

 >> Is it possible to mount /dev/sdb manually?  E. g.:

[…]

 > Mounting manually, using that, worked.

 > Thanks for that.

	You may also want to check pmount(8) (of the pmount package.)

 > I do not understand why it was not automatically mounted, like the
 > other USB devices that I mentioned in the previous message.

	I guess that it may be because the block device in question
	lacks a partition table, and the automounting facility used
	assumes that it should have one.

	It may be possible to add a partition table to the device
	(obviously destroying the contents), but it should be checked
	whether the device itself supports writing to a filesystem on a
	partition.

--
FSF associate member #7257