Problem with USB storage device - video glasses

Hello.

I have a pair of video glasses, that apparently, include 8GB of storage.

The problem is that, whilst, when connected to the computer USB, the battery charges okay, and, when recording video, the correct messages are played at the start and end of recording, the computer running Debian 5.0, does not show the USB storage device as being present.

The storage device should have about an hour of video, stored on it, which should be about 2GB, stored as an AVI file.

I have used the computer with the USB for downloading images from different digital cameras without any problem, and for writing to and reading from, USB thumb drives, and, accessing an external USB hard drive, all without problems.

But, the computer appears unable to detect the USB storage device in this device.

dmesg | tail -20 results in

"
 dmesg | tail -20
via_audio: ignoring drain playback error -11
usb 5-6.2: USB disconnect, address 13
usb 5-6.2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 15
usb 5-6.2: configuration #85 chosen from 1 choice
usb-storage: device found at 15
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor: USB 2.0   Model: Video glass       Rev:
SCSI device sdb: 2016384 4096-byte hdwr sectors (8259 MB)
sdb: Write Protect is off
sdb: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
SCSI device sdb: 2016384 4096-byte hdwr sectors (8259 MB)
sdb: Write Protect is off
sdb: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
 sdb: unknown partition table
sd 6:0:0:0: Attached scsi removable disk sdb
usb-storage: device scan complete
"

But, no reference to the device, is displayed in either the file manager, or, on the desktop, and, when I connect a digital camera, I get something like A storage device has been found. Do you want to import images".

What is wrong, and, why can I not access the device?

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale