Re: Running Wireshark as non-root in Squeeze

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 13:02:09 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

> I'm trying to get Wireshark to work in non-root mode in Squeeze. There
> is a sort of how-to at /usr/share/doc/wireshark-common/README.Debian,
> but to be honest, I don't understand it.

Mmm... did you configure it as "I.a" or "I.b"? Do you have a customized/
vanilla kernel or Debian's stock one?

> I have no wireshark group, and apart from in that document I can find
> nothing about dumpcap.
>
> Can anybody give me some hints, please?

Readme file says that you have to manually add the users to wireshark
group. And I bet that running the app as root will also work.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón