Re: 3.0 kernel fails to compile

On 8/1/2011 9:44 PM, Dave Witbrodt wrote:

> I was a long-time user of make-kpkg, but since I learned how to use the
> in-kernel deb-pkg target I have been taking the Debian Kernel Team's
> advice and recommending building custom kernels that way.

As was I.  One downside (depending on how you look at it) IIRC the
make..deb-pkg method doesn't pay attention to CONCURRENCY_LEVEL.  First
run took about twice as long as make-kpkg.  Specifying -j2 fixes it, but
the whole point of environment variables is so you don't have to.  A
dtep backwards here IMO.

--
Stan