Re: picture import from camera - gthumb

On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 20:35:52 +0200, Tomas Kral wrote:

> How do I import pictures from a digital camera on Squeeze?

With many dsc cameras you only need to connect it and it will be mounted
under /media. Then the usual copy/paste...

> On Lenny I installed gthumb application that was called by
> gnome-volume-manager when a camera was plugged in to a USB slot.

Yep, it's annoying that always asks for import photos :-P

> When I try to install gthumb on Squeeze it insists on removing the whole
> gnome-desktop.

That should not happen at all. If yes, either report it or put here the
output you get when you try to install that package.

> Is there a replacement app to gthumb, that I could set to handle the
> picture import?

Shotwell is now the default for GNOME desktop. F-Spot is also a well-know
app. I'd say that all these apps rely on gphoto for importing the
pictures so choosing one app or other just depends on your specific needs.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón