Re: picture import from camera - gthumb

On 2011-07-31, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>> When I try to install gthumb on Squeeze it insists on removing the whole
>> gnome-desktop.
>
> That should not happen at all. If yes, either report it or put here the
> output you get when you try to install that package.

I just upgraded from Lenny to Squeeze the other day, and I notice that
gthumb is now marked as a package that was automatically installed and
to be removed because all the packages which depend upon it are being
removed.

aptitude says (you know, when you press 'g') :

gthumb-data (= 3:2.11.5-4) (UNSATISFIED)

gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs (UNSATISFIED)

Anyway, this is beyond me and gives me a headache but maybe it's related
to the OP's gthumb install predicament.

After upgrading, I have 263 packages in the "being removed because they
are longer used" category, and I'm going to put off dealing with them
until that fuzzy period of time I like to refer to as "later."

But the upgrade, that I procrastinated until a "later" that is currently
in the past (what a relief), went pretty well. One weird glitch: when I
booted into the new gnome, there were about 15 icons for the cpu
frequency monitor on my task bar, and they hid the menus and the 7
quick-launch icons, or whatever they're called, that I'd put on the task
bar, and for a moment I thought things had gone terribly wrong, but all
I had to do was to left click on them and remove them from the panel and
all that had been previous hidden was revealed.

That's about the only thing that went haywire.  Of course, I did more or
less follow the instructions (release notes).