Encrypted LVM container spanning drives?

I've never successfully set this up. Is there a way to encrypt two (or more) drives on a machine, then span it with LVM? I end up having to create one encrypted container per drive and having separate volume groups on each. I suspect I am looking at it wrong and that there is a way to do it.

Its been a while since I've tried it, but what happens is that the first drive gets decrypted, but the second one doesn't, so the kernel panics because it can't find the volume group.

Thanks,
--b