Re: installing debian from USB... IS IT POSSIBLE? Additional info.

On 20110727_040721, Paul E Condon wrote:
> It also works with debian-6.0.1a-i386-businesscard.iso
> I have looked into putting the installer on a USB device several times
> in the past, but have always been put off by the perceived messyness
> of the process, like OP. The only slightly complex issue was putting
> the USB drive into the bios boot order list. This is not a complaint,
> but an indication of just how trivial the process actually is.
>
> Was it always this easy and people writing HOWTOs just didn't know?
> Or was there some feature in the debian-gnu-linux tool set that needed
> a rewrite? Not really important to get an answer, but it would be nice
> if all those out of date HOWTOs could somehow be hidden from view, Or
> tagged with a note pointing to your email in debian lists archive.
>
> Thanks again

Unfortunately this result has proved to be unreproducible. In about a
dozen retries, some identical, some with minor variation, none has
worked at bringing up the installer splash screen. It is obvious to me
that there is something missing in my understanding of iso images on
usb drives. I'm dropping out of this discussion. Sorry for the noise.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net