Re: pin priority in apt_preferences

On 27/07/11 20:06, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> *Hi,

Hi there

> Despite the priority, I put in  my /etc/apt/preferences
>
> Package: *
> Pin: origin ""
> Pin-Priority: 999
>
> Package: *
> Pin: origin "localhost"
> Pin-Priority: 995
>
> Package: *
> Pin: origin "ftp.fr.debian.org <http://ftp.fr.debian.org>"
> Pin-Priority: 501

sic
man apt_preferences should explain everything, have a closer look on
this part:
" For example, suppose the APT preferences file contains the three
records presented earlier:

           Package: perl
           Pin: version 5.8*
           Pin-Priority: 1001

           Package: *
           Pin: origin ""
           Pin-Priority: 999

           Package: *
           Pin: release unstable
           Pin-Priority: 50

       Then:

       ·   The most recent available version of the perl package will be
installed, so long as that version's version number begins with "5.8".
If any 5.8* version of perl is
           available and the installed version is 5.9*, then perl will
be downgraded.

       ·   A version of any package other than perl that is available
from the local system has priority over other versions, even versions
belonging to the target release.

       ·   A version of a package whose origin is not the local system
but some other site listed in sources.list(5) and which belongs to an
unstable distribution is only
           installed if it is selected for installation and no version
of the package is already installed."

- --

|_|_|0|         "Heghlu'Meh QaQ jajVam"          |

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0xC100B4CA