Re: which command I should use to output sequentially,

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 17:51, Ivan Shmakov <ivan@gray.siamics.net> wrote:

> […]
>
>  > May I ask further, which is the best (systematic) way of learning the
>  > script, based on all your experience.
>
>        Personally, my own way of learning Shell was hardly a
>        “systematic” one.  However, just for the record, I've used the
>        GNU bash manual [1] as the primary source.  Also, Advanced
>        Bash-Scripting Guide [2] looks promising as an educational
>        resource.
>
> [1] http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/
> [2] http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/

Greycat's BASH wiki is an excellent resource [1].  The BashFAQ there
is a good page to bookmark and the BashPitfalls page is definitely
recommended reading, because it points out many poor practices that
are unfortunately very common in online bash guides.  Be careful where
you get your information :)

[1] http://mywiki.wooledge.org/