Re: which command I should use to output sequentially,

[…]

 > Might I recommend a plethora of free database solutions available to
 > you?  I see this type of question quite frequently and am stunned to
 > see such a thing here (or on other mailing lists for platforms just a
 > poorly suited for such data). I'm not sure what your data is from or
 > what it is for but I almost guarantee you that it should be in a
 > database. Either that or open LibraOffice calc and do the one off
 > data task in a few minutes and be done with it.

	While I've little to say about using a database for this case,
	I'd strongly recommend /against/ using any office-like solutions
	for data processing, as these are generally overweight and
	rarely convenient when it comes to writing scripts.

 > Either way, there's generally a right tool for the job and I highly
 > doubt that bash, cut, tr, grep, sed, awk, etc are the hammers you
 > really want to use for this nail.

	Actually, I've seen these tools (along with, say, Gnuplot and
	GNU M4) being successfully used to process various scientific
	data.  (Not to mention that I've a first-hand experience with
	this just as well.)

	It may be not a perfect solution, but I'm quite certain it's one
	of the best currently available ones.

--
FSF associate member #7257