Re: Best practices for current Chrome/Chromium and/or Firefox/Icewasel in squeeze?

On Tuesday 26 July 2011 06:15:16 pm Bob Proulx wrote:
> Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:
> > What's best practices?  Method or pointer to docs appreciated.
>
> I like running Stable machines.  But web browsers need to keep
> current.  It would be great if they were in squeeze-updates, aka the
> old volatile.  So instead I run a Sid chroot and install Firefox and
> Chromium there and run them out of the chroot.  It is a little more
> work to set up.  I create the chroot with deboostrap and then install
> everything needed.  And it uses a significant amount of disk space.
> But it works very well for me to keep my desktop Stable but have the
> latest web browsers from Unstable Sid.
>
> Bob

+1 if one has the hardware vm's offer any combo of os's/apps one could want. I use
Virtualbox and run several vm's over multiple monitors, even a Windows NT4, but
Debian stable is the host with the  most :-)

--
Peace,

Greg