Re: Best practices for current Chrome/Chromium and/or Firefox/Icewasel in squeeze?

Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:
> What's best practices?  Method or pointer to docs appreciated.

I like running Stable machines.  But web browsers need to keep
current.  It would be great if they were in squeeze-updates, aka the
old volatile.  So instead I run a Sid chroot and install Firefox and
Chromium there and run them out of the chroot.  It is a little more
work to set up.  I create the chroot with deboostrap and then install
everything needed.  And it uses a significant amount of disk space.
But it works very well for me to keep my desktop Stable but have the
latest web browsers from Unstable Sid.

Bob