Re: debian sensible browser help

On 2011-07-25 15:30:57 GMT, Darac Marjal replied:

> I believe ~/.mailcap overrides /etc/mailcap, so rather than editing
> /etc/mailcap and having to keep it up-to-date, you might find it easier
> to simply copy the line to ~/.mailcap.

I tested this and you're right.  That's an improvement.  Thanks.

On 2011-07-25 19:14:48 GMT, Robert Holtzman wrote:

> Anything wrong with putting the following line in .bashrc?
>
> BROWSER=/usr/bin/google-chrome && export BROWSER

>From my command line, I tried

BROWSER=/usr/bin/iceweasel export BROWSER

but found that reading an html e-mail then brought up both iceweasel and
sensible-browser.  I had no entry for html in ~/.mailcap, and /etc/mailcap
listed sensible-browser.  I did this all with metamail, which is kind of
archaic.