Re: Wine questions

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
On 25/07/11 05:20, Brad Alexander wrote:

<snipped>

> Anyone got any pointers or suggestions on getting wine working well in
> Debian?
>
> Thanks,
> --b

# apt-get install playonlinux

http://www.playonlinux.com/en/

3 out of 5 Stars - Starcraft
4 out of 5 Stars - StarCraft - Brood War (Digital Distribution Copy)
4 out of 5 Stars - Starcraft : BroodWar
3 1/2 out of 5 Stars - Starcraft II Wings of Liberty

I'll give that a try...

NOTE: I'm not a gamer so I've no idea what they play like.

I'm generally not either, but I recently ran across some abandoned games from back in the day...And a few were Windows based...So I wanted to mess with them.

And of course there's always Crossover....

Yeah, but the problem with Crossover is that you are locked in to a buying cycle. The version you bought ages, and works less and less well with modern versions of Debian. So next year, you have to buy the upgraded version...And if you aren't really on the ball, you wind up going outside of your customer discount and have to pay full price for the updated version.

*shrug* I'll mess with it.

Thanks for the advice, Scott.
--b