fstab for usb devices in Squeeze

Hello.  Back in the good old days when I used Lenny, I was able to
mount my usb stick, mount my digital camera, and sync my palm pilot,
at the same time.  After upgrading to Squeeze, this now seems like an
impossible dream.

My fstab file used to look like this:

#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hda1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro
0       1 /dev/hda5       none            swap    sw
0       0 /dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto
0       0 /dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  vfat,msdos    rw,user,noauto
0       0 /dev/sda1	/media/usb	vfat
noauto,user	0	0 /dev/sdb1	/media/usb2
vfat	noauto,user	0
0 /dev/sdc1	/media/usb3	vfat	noauto,user 0	0

Now, it has all these messy unreadable entries like
"UUID=14c375f6-91a3-45cd-b12a-d06b507c9dfe" in it.  What does this
mean?

I use Fluxbox, on an old Dell OptiPlex GX1.  Whenever I try to mount
and read the files on my digital camera, I am told I have "wrong fs
type, bad option, bad superblock".

There's some strange entry in the current (and now incomprehensible)
fstab that reads:

"UUID=A456-E995	/media/usb  vfat  noauto,user  0 0"

I think this might be for my usb stick, which sometimes I can mount
and read.  But, when I try to read images from my digital camera, via
plugging it in and mounting /media/usb, it tells me that "mount:
special device UUID=A456-E995 does not exist".

How I yearn for the good old days of Lenny.  But, I digress.  Can
someone tell me how to fix my fstab to get it so I can once again mount
my usb devices (specifically the camera)?

Mark