Re: udisks and devices [was cannot mount floppy]

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 14:49:06 -0400 (EDT), Tomas Kral wrote:

> Just finding my way around with udisks.
> Read man pages, but I could not find any docs in /usr/share/doc/udisks
>
> tcat@lynx:~$ udisks --inhibit-polling /dev/fd0
> Inhibit polling failed: Media detection cannot be inhibited
>
> Floppy polling cannot be inhibited as it seems.
>
> I looked for a user configuration file, could not find any
> There is only a rule file /lib/udev/rules.d/80-udisks.rules
>
> Where in, floppy is set as,
> # PC floppy drives
> #
> KERNEL=="fd*", ENV{ID_DRIVE_FLOPPY}="1"
>
> Still not any wiser about udisks

I just tried it myself.  This seems to work with a CD-ROM drive,
but fails with a floppy drive, as you discovered.

Is there some specific task that you are trying to accomplish?
Are you able to mount and unmount floppy disks using the udisks
command?

Or are you just trying to learn more about udisks?  If so,
here are some sources of information:

man 1 udisks
man 7 udisks
man polkit