udisks and devices [was cannot mount floppy]

On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 14:36 +0200, Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 04:58:27 -0400 (EDT), Tomas Kral wrote:
> > On Sat, 2011-07-16 at 15:40 +0200, Stephen Powell wrote:
> >> Issue "man udisks" for more information.
> >
> > Yes, this one did the trick...
> >
> > tcat@lynx:~$ udisks --mount /dev/fd0
> > Mounted /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/fd0 at /media/floppy0
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Is it possible to make mount aware of UDisks/devices/fd0 and the like?
>
> Remember, "mount" was here first,
> and "udisks" is a recent thing.  Under the covers, udisks is no doubt
> calling mount.  The problem arose because makers of graphical
> desktop environments, such as GNOME, wanted devices to mount
> automatically, "just like Windows".  So they came up with this
> udisks daemon to try to emulate Windows behavior.  And the udisks
> daemon causes problems for those who are used to doing manual mounts
> with the Linux mount command.  I'm reasonably sure that the attitude
> of the people who support the mount and umount commands will be,
> "Hey, our stuff works as designed, just as it always did.  The
> udisks people broke it, and the udisks people should fix it."
>
> The udisks daemon and the udisks command do provide useful function,
> but not in a totally forward-compatible way.  Sometimes they
> interfere with stuff that used to work.  An example is apt-cdrom
> and aptitude or apt-get when processing mountable media.  You
> may be able to get the desired behavior by using the "--inhibit-polling"
> option of the udisks command in a separate window to temporarily
> disable polling by the udisks daemon while you run older software
> that is incompatible with the udisks behavior

Just finding my way around with udisks.
Read man pages, but I could not find any docs in /usr/share/doc/udisks

tcat@lynx:~$ udisks --inhibit-polling /dev/fd0
Inhibit polling failed: Media detection cannot be inhibited

Floppy polling cannot be inhibited as it seems.

I looked for a user configuration file, could not find any
There is only a rule file /lib/udev/rules.d/80-udisks.rules

Where in, floppy is set as,
# PC floppy drives
#
KERNEL=="fd*", ENV{ID_DRIVE_FLOPPY}="1"