Re: 6rd vs. interfaces(5)

[…]

 >> Unfortunately, 6rd is only available for Linux 2.6.33 and later (as
 >> per Wikipedia), which isn't in Squeeze.

 > It is actually pretty easy to compile and use your own kernel.
 > Perhaps surprisingly, the kernel interface is pretty stable and you
 > do not need to upgrade the rest of your world (unlike, say upgrading
 > an important shared library).

	I've been compiling my kernels since 1999 or so, but thanks to
	Debian, I have found some new interests, and thus don't have
	enough spare time to spend it that way.

	Given that the newer kernels were already backported to Squeeze,
	I see little reason to repeat the work that has already been
	done.

[…]

--
FSF associate member #7257