Re: nvidia-glx is back

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 18:55:05 -0400
Brad Alexander <storm16@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Brad,

This is almost like talking to myself.   :-)

> I hope this will point you in the right direction...I know its vague,
> but the laptop is not available at the moment.

Thanks for the advice.  My xorg.conf is already minimal, i.e. a device
driver stanza only.  I did look at the install log when (re)installing
nvidia-glx, and the dkms kernel.  There was a complaint about lack of
kernel source to build the nvidia module against.  Installing kernel
sources didn't remedy the problem.

I'll keep plugging away.

--
 Regards  _
I'll tell you something, I think that you should know