Re: nvidia-glx is back

I had something similar on my laptop. Running squeeze, the system worked fine with Xorg and KDE 4.4.5. When I upgraded to wheezy, I could log in to kdm but when I started any KDE app, X would crash and kick me back to a kdm login.

I fought with this for a long while, and as it turns out, xorg was segfaulting. It turns out that the nvidia drivers would not work with the xorg.conf that was in /etc/X11. Since I have dual monitors at work, I used nvidia-config to configure the xorg.conf So I dropped it to a minimal xorg.conf, basically a Device stanza to tell it to use nvidia instead of nv or nuveau, and it worked...albeit only on the laptop's LCD. Eventually, things got sorted out, and the current crop of nvidia drivers (275-x) allows me to use both the LCD and the external monitor.

I hope this will point you in the right direction...I know its vague, but the laptop is not available at the moment.
--b

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:30:00 -0400
Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Patrick,

> dependencies), restored my xorg.conf (which I had moved out of the way
> when temporarily using the nv driver), and am now happily using the
> nvidia drivers again!

I wish mine was working again.   :-(

I did just as you did, but X didn't start, so am back to nouveau, ATM.

--
 Regards  _
I'll be the rubbish you'll be the bin