Re: lost disk space

Am 20.07.2011 07:12, schrieb Frank McCormick:
Spent a few hours watching online video tonight (the Discovery website)
and discovered afterwards that I had lost about 7 GIGS of diskspace!!
I assume it was because of all that video watching (in Google-Chrome)
but now I can't find out where it's gone ?
I only have 14 gigs on this partition..and I've
managed to free up about a gig..but I have to find the other 6 or 7
gigs. I deleted the google cache..and config files...looked in /tmp and
a few other places but I am stumped.

du -sh * inside the root folder should help you to find the biggest folders. If you do it recursively you can near it down.

Cheers,
Frank