Re: firewall?

hadi motamedi <motamedi24 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I tried for 'iptables -S' but it returned 'unknown arg -S' . The
> windows machine firewall is turned off. On the windows machine,
> browsing like http://128.31.0.51 is successful .

  The -S option is clearly mentioned in the manual page and the help text.
  What about
    iptables -nvL

? What firewall, if any, have you set on the debian machine?

  On the Windows machine, what happens if you
    telnet the_debian_machine 53
? I think you should see nothing, but no timeouts or connection refused
either. And what about
    telnet 8.8.8.8 53
?