Re: ..simple stupid X Q: touchpad 'n kbd works in console but not in X, fix hints?

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:41:41 +0000 (UTC), Camaleón wrote in message
<[🔎] pan.2011.07.17.11.41.41@gmail.com>:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 17:55:13 +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
> > ..simple stupid X Q: Touch pad and keyboard works in console but
> > not in X, fix hints?
>
> What DE/WM?

..all, usually KDE/Plasma on kwin, all tested from kdm or cli.

> > ..Sid+Experimental, 'X -configure' fails to make a workable
> > xorg.conf, and I'm overlooking something stupid simple.
>
> A "xorg.conf" file is not needed anymore.

..some of it is over-ridden, and some not, howto hints?

> To find out what can be wrong look at "/var/log/xorg.0.log" to get
> somes clues.

..evdev shuts down kbd 'n mouse on X startup, works ok once I get
to a console, but synaptics is totally dead, and I'm looking for
fix recipes, most people had this trouble around Easter this year.