Re: ..simple stupid X Q: touchpad 'n kbd works in console but not in X, fix hints?

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 23:47:21 +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:41:41 +0000 (UTC), Camaleón wrote in message
> <[🔎] pan.2011.07.17.11.41.41@gmail.com>:
>
>> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 17:55:13 +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>>
>> > ..simple stupid X Q: Touch pad and keyboard works in console but not
>> > in X, fix hints?
>>
>> What DE/WM?
>
> ..all, usually KDE/Plasma on kwin, all tested from kdm or cli.
>
>> > ..Sid+Experimental, 'X -configure' fails to make a workable
>> > xorg.conf, and I'm overlooking something stupid simple.
>>
>> A "xorg.conf" file is not needed anymore.
>
> ..some of it is over-ridden, and some not, howto hints?

A static "xorg.conf" file can be used and it will honored. Using it or
not varies depending on many variables, like vga drivers in use or
specific user setup that is not properly detected by he automaticallities
of Xorg.

>> To find out what can be wrong look at "/var/log/xorg.0.log" to get
>> somes clues.
>
> ..evdev shuts down kbd 'n mouse on X startup, works ok once I get to a
> console, but synaptics is totally dead, and I'm looking for fix recipes,
> most people had this trouble around Easter this year.

Full log may help. You can upload to www.pastebin.com

Greetings,

--
Camaleón