Re: ..OT: HW: where is the bios battery in Fujitsu Celsius H240 laptops?

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:06:30 +0000 (UTC), Camaleón wrote in message
<[🔎] pan.2011.07.17.11.06.30@gmail.com>:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 18:13:54 +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
> > ..OT: HW: where is the bios battery in Fujitsu Celsius H240 laptops?
>
> Contact Fujitsu for this.
>
> Most of the notebooks put the cmos battery close to LCD panel with no
> easy way to remove, unless opening the case... so before harming
> something, ask for the recommended procedure.

..thanks, now find the time 'n place to rip it open...

> > ..damn thing needs a coupla hours in a freezer before it'll boot, if
> > it's too "hot" on boot-up, it plays jet engine.
>
> (...)
>
> That's another thing to carefully watch. If the computer gets too hot

..it doesn't, is why I suspect a near dead bios battery, 5 years old
now.

> it could be due to a failure in heatsink or that fans need a deep
> clean-up.

..that routine happens when it's been ripped open, but it is
surprisingly clean, judging from what I can see from the fan
port "strainer."