Re: udev rules for 2 identical webcams + 1 spare cam

FYI, jonnor.com/2010/08/determining-physical-topology-of-hotplugged-usb-devices-with-udev/

Ie, figure out your physical setup and write a script. If programming isn't your thing, you could probably get this done with sed / awk or maybe even grep. Though this sounds harder to me than writing a simple perl script.