Re: secured pdf

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 11:54:58 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Walter Hurry <walterhurry@lavabit.com>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:14:29 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>>> Evince and Okular can bypass some of the low security measures so just
>>> open the PDF file with them and save a copy of the PDF. The resulting
>>> file should be freely editable.
>>>
>>> Also, if the security of the file allows printing, you can use a PDF
>>> printer to get a "clean" copy (though not sure if this will preserve
>>> the file "editability").
>>>
>>> If the original PDF uses strong encryption or a specific DRM set, you
>>> can be in a problem :-)
>>
>> PMFJI.
>>
>> Just curious. What is a "secured pdf"? I have been in IT for a long
>> time

Secure PDF are files that embed DRM or strong encryption (AES 256) that
prevents the reader to perform some operations (copy text, print to file,
extrcat images...). There are also files that are very limited based on
Adobe LiveCycle settings policy (this is done at server side).

> I don't know the exact definition.
> give you an example:
> http://publications.ki.se/jspui/bitstream/10616/38135/1/thesis.pdf

That PDF files has no security at all. What problem are you facing? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón