Re: How do I check the package I just installed

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Michael Checca <mchecca@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 21:52:48 -0400, lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How do I check the package I just installed one hour ago?
>
> If you look at the file /var/log/dpkg.log, it will show you the date, time,
> and info about what was installed, uninstalled, etc.
>>
>> is it risk to removal them?
>
> Depends on the package. If it's just a regular application, it should be
> fine.
>>
>> when I installed one package, following 89 package were installed,
>> I did not pay much attention, but later after reboot something gets
>> abnormal, not as usual.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Also, could you explain a little more what is abnormal and what packages you
> installed?

another change is that,
when I minimized a window, the windows showed few smaller windows
during minimization.

Kind of getting slow, a bit retard, before I barely noticed the minimization.

Thanks, I am not sure which those packages are safe to remove. Hope
can get some advice,

--
Best Regards,

lina