Re: VNC server

Engi Zoltán wrote:
> "vncserver :3 -geometry 800x600"

Should start a vnc session on display :3.  Looks okay to me.

> [ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
> [ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
> xsetroot -solid grey
> vncconfig -iconic &
> x-term -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &

The above is the unchanged template defaulted into place when starting
real vnc for the first time.  Okay.  Except for this part:

> #x-window-manager &
> startx &

Here the default x-window-manager setting has been commented out.  It
has been replaced with startx instead.  That is the problem.  The
startx is what is giving this error:

> >>Server is already active for display 0

You can't start a second server using startx inside of the current
server already started by vnc.

To fix that remove the startx line and uncomment the x-window-manager
line.  Or remove the entire file and let it default again to a known
working template.

Bob