Re: Want to build new Debian PC. Is IDE interface gone?

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 15:09:06 -0400, mark wrote:

> I'm looking for components for a new PC to install debian on.  I've been
> looking at motherboards (MSI & Gigabyte) and it seems that the IDE
> interface no longer exists.  Is no more IDE interface the new direction
> for PCs so that I will have to buy a SATA burner?

If you are buying components for a new PC I would discard IDE at all and
go for SATA300/600 hard disks and SATA optical unit.

IDE is nowadays a dead end like many other interfaces (LPT, RS-232, ISA,
AGP...) so unless you really need it, it's loosing money. Sigh. Times go
by so fast...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón