Re: Printer Settings

On 05 Jul 2011, KS wrote:
> On 05/07/11 01:55 PM, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> > Hi!
> > Maybe you will give cups a try.
> > - Install cups
> > - Open a browser and type in http://localhost:631
> > - when the webgui starts, cofigure to your needs.
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> > Hans
> >

> CUPS is what I use for my HL-2070N (and temporarily the HL-2070W). For
> some drivers which I could choose from, it wouldn't even print. So right
> now I'm using: Brother HL-2140 Foomatic/hpijs-pcl5e (recommended)
>
> Try different drivers to see which suits best.

CUPS seems to be the default printer set-up these days but I don't like
it. I've always used magicfilter; easy to set up and it's worked with
4 or 5 different printers over the years. You are not confined to the
drivers that are supplied with the program; you can add whatever you
like in /etc/printcap. Currently I'm using the HL5240 driver for a
Brother laser.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk