Re: Printer Settings

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 20:30:48 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>> > (...)
>> >
>> > A bad printer driver can give indeed very poor results :-(
>> >
>> > For that kind of printer I would go for the latest available version
>> > of HPLIP and try with that.
>> >
> I've got hpijs and hplip installed, both drivers are bad :(.

dpkg -l | grep hplip

You may want to try with the lastest available version which is 3.11.5.
If you already have it installed but still getting bad printing results,
you may consider in openenning a bug report: if it was printing okay in
older releases then something has changed to worse.

But before doing so remember to run a full clean routine to discard
clogged ink at print heads :-P

> Right now I installed ijsgutenprint, since a gutenprint driver is able
> to give good printing quality for fonts, but there's no additional new
> driver available by system-config-printer. I'm going to install more
> gutenprint packages as soon as possible.

HPLIP should provide the better driver for your printer and it's not me
who says so but:

http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/HP-DeskJet_600

:-)

Greetings,