Re: Totem slow DVD playback and bad sound

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 21:36:45 +0200, Tomas Kral wrote:

> Well, I have tried mplayer, gxine, .. not with much better results on
> Squeeze.

And VideoLAN?

> Just discovered..
>
> On Lenny I selected totem-xine alternative and it works nicely, there is
> also alternative totem-gstreamer that has problems with DVD playback.
>
> On Squeeze Totem i based on gstreamer and uses libdvdread, libdvdcss,
> libdvdnav, and there is no totem-xine alternative as in Lenny.

I'm afraid Totem dropped xine backend since the latest releases and uses
gstreamer ;-(

> So far I Cannot play DVDs with totem on Squeeze. If anybody can, could
> they please share their settings with us.
>
> Many thanks in advance.

Are you saying that you can't play "any" commercial DVD with totem under
Squeeze? If that's your case, I would open a bug report for that.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón