Re: Totem slow DVD playback and bad sound

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:31:59 +0200, Tomas Kral wrote:

> I have recently upgraded to Squeeze.
> I experience very slow playback of DVDs in Totem. I have a bad sound as
> well.
> It appears to be dropping some of the picture frames, and sound tracks,
> also
> it skips DVD intro and starts right at the DVD menu.
>
> Films downloaded from the Internet play well in Totem, only films played
> back from original DVDs have these problems.

(...)

I don't know if this will be of any help but Google finds a report -quite
similar to yours- from another user:

http://www.forumdebian.com.br/archive/index.php/thread-634.html

(it is written in Brazilian Portuguese but I think the logs can be easily
understandable)

It seems the user is also facing that problem when using Totem, VLC and
MPlayer to watch a comercial DVD in Debian Squeeze.

Given the shared similarities in both cases, I would try to watch another
comercial DVD and see what happens. It can be a problem with a specific
DVD media that uses a copy protection measure that makes the media player
to have problems in decoding.

Also, testing with another multimedia player software won't hurt :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón