Re: Can't smoothly type in gnome-terminal

Chris <bbshliu@gmail.com> writes:
> According to a reply to bug #631116, installing ibus-gtk3 solved the
> typing issue for me. But the bad style is still here. A reboot makes
> no difference.

[Argh, even though I'm the original bug reporter for #631116, I didn't
get any of the email followups, so I didn't seem those replies until you
mentioned them!  Some stupid spam filter crap no doubt... Spammers
... must .... die....]

That solves it for me too:

    env -u XMODIFIERS gnome-terminal &

... of course that means I can't use SCIM in gnome-terminal, ... not
such a big deal really, but no doubt I'll sometime want to use it in a
program I start _from_ a gnome-terminal, and forget to re-set
XMODIFIERS...  bleah...

So what exactly is gnome-terminal screwing up here...?  Why does
disabling SCIM solve it?

Neighbor, n. One whom we are commanded to love as ourselves, and who does all
he knows how to make us disobedient.