Re: Start rtorrent on bootup in Squeeze

Nicolas Bercher wrote:
> I can actually see two little cons:
>  1. no "easy way" to stop rtorrent, but that's not a big deal (any
> kill/pkill command could do the job for example, just like my script
> does it),

Or screen -R and press Q or whatever it is.

>  2. since I like to track my scripts & configs, I massively use git
> and/or svn and I really love the "one file per functionnality" way
> of manipulating things.  Via crontab, everything is just mixed up
> into /var/spool/cron/crontabs/<username> and this hard to track and
> even (afaik) to maintain in a quite automatic way.

I keep my user crontabs in ~/.cron/$user/$hostname and only change those
files then feed to cron. This allows keeping them in git and eg, pushing
crontab changes out to machines.

--
see shy jo
#!/bin/sh

WARNING="# Automatically generated by loadcron; edit ~/.cron/ files instead."

if [ ! -z "`crontab -l`" ] && ! crontab -l | grep -q "$WARNING"; then
	if [ "$1" != "-f" ]; then
		echo "loadcron: Current crontab was not generated by loadcron; not changing." >&2
		echo "loadcron: Use loadcron -f to override"
		exit 1
	else
		crontab -l > $HOME/tmp/oldcrontab
		echo "loadcron: Old crontab is backed up to $HOME/tmp/oldcrontab"
	fi
fi

dir=$HOME/.cron/`whoami`
if [ -d "$dir" ]; then