Re: install squeeze con core i5 2500 motherboard 1155

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 09:49:55 -0300, Pablo Sánchez wrote:

>> Pablo Sánchez<pablos@adinet.com.uy>  writes:
>>
>>> Well, i got an ASUS P8H67-M LX with H67 B3 revision intel chipset
>>> with a core i5 2500 .
>>>
>>> The machine has 3 Samsung 1TB disks , that i see on the bios config,
>>> connected to sata 3gb ports .
>>>
>>> After inserting an usb stick with realtek firmware-realtek 0.28,
>>> config the network, I'm stuck on Scanning disk on starting up the
>>> partitioner on 50 % progress : it's stalled .

>> Do you see any messages about the disks in the syslog?

> lee, i didn't take a look at syslog. dmesg showed they were there.
>
> What i ended doing, was play with the hotplug option for each disk on
> the bios, and it worked. I have the system running, but i'm now trying
> to learn what that option means . I don't think it's a real hotplug
> thing, as changing drives without shutting down the computer. Actually
> got it working setting two of the drives with hotplug on and one off .

What's that "hotplug" thingy of the BIOS? I've never heard before about
that :-?

If that option was the one making noise and the hard disk controller had
problems at the install stage, it could be due to a BIOS bug/issue.

Also, having the hdd controller set to RAID (fake-raid) can also present
problems for the installer. I prefer to use AHCI, if possible.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón