Re: Debian 6 causes my SunFire T2000 system to not boot

Hi,

Wow SunFire T2000... That is fancy ULTRASPARC machine.

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 09:43:51AM -0700, Scott Simpson wrote:
> I'm using 6.2.0.1 from June 26th. Should be pretty current. I can think of two
> approaches:
>
> 1. Boot version 5 and see if my video card isn't the one mentioned in the bug

Which bug ???

> and try disabling that on the boot line.

version 5?

Debian 5.0 (lenny)  That is old.  The latest stable release is Debian
6.0 sarge (6.0.2).  Why trying to use oldstable image?

You should check our site first for the latest situation:
  http://www.debian.org/

> 2. Remove the video card.
>
> I'm going to try both. This is really depressing since the system is down and
> I can't get it booted. Sigh....

Since you sounds like booted system, please follow instruction of
installation via ssh.  If CD have problems, follow netboot methods.
Video card support is not going to be the initial issue if you do like
these.  These are all written in install guide etc.. for Debian 6.0
sarge.

  Debian SPARC Port
  http://www.debian.org/ports/sparc/

  Debian 6.0 -- Release Notes
  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/releasenotes
  Release Notes for Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (squeeze), SPARC
  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/release-notes/

  Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide
  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/

Please check important mailing list archives first before discussing
problem.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/
http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/

Osamu