Re: pre-seed was Re: Headless Install Debian Squeeze

On 07/01/11 15:47, Martin McCormick wrote:

[...]
I think it can be introduced on a USB stick or possibly
even a floppy although the USB stick method would work on just
about any P.C. made in the last 15 years. I understand that the
installer looks for drives plugged in to the USB ports and that
the pre-seed file must have a certain name.

[...]
I use http to server preseed file:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apbs02.html.en

With PXEBoot everything happens over internet.

Wawrzek
--

Wawrzyniec (Wawrzek) Niewodniczański - 01223 435603 (35603) - wawrzekn
System Administrator - Engineering Services Team (XenServer)